Back when ‘ET’ was charming audiences, ‘Xtro’ pretty much freaked out anyone when it came to their thoughts about cute little extra terrestrials who want to be our friends.
Back in 1982 the movie told the story of Sam who, as described by the movie, is “a devoted family man who returns to Earth three years after being abducted by aliens, now possessing special powers. On his return, Sam seeks out his wife Rachel and son Tony, but discovers that his wife is now living with a man named Joe.
Rachel struggles to decide what her feelings are for the two men, while Sam’s strange behaviour begins to affect Tony in frightening ways.”
A region free release of 1982’s ‘Xtro’ is heading to Blue Ray on May 28th and, thanks to Second Sight Films and Nucleus Films, it’s coming with some awesome bonuses.
The limited edition of the Blue Ray edition will feature a rigid slipcase with both original UK theatrical and video artwork which will allow a person to choose which side will serve as the cover of the case.
Additionally, the inside will also a include digipak containing Blu-ray and CD soundtrack plus soft cover book.
But, the extras don’t stop there.
- New restorations of extended version with option of alternate endings plus original UK video version
- New director restoration
- ‘Xploring Xtro’ – a new 57 minute documentary featuring interviews with Harry Bromley-Davenport, Mark Forstater, Bernice Stegers, Susie Silvey, Tim Dry (Tik), Sean Crawford (Tok), Robert Pereno, Alan Jones and Craig Lapper
- ‘The World of Xtro’ – a new featurette with Dennis Atherton, Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater
- ‘Beyond Xtro’ – a new featurette with Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater looking ahead to new reboot ‘Xtro – The Big One’, including exclusive test footage
- ‘Loving The Alien: A Tribute to Philip Sayer’ featuring exclusive Brian May music tribute
- ‘Xtro Xposed’ archive interview with Harry Bromley-Davenport
- Soft cover book with new writing by Kevin Lyons plus behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
- Original soundtrack CD
- New English subtitles for the hearing impaired
‘Blood Paradise’ Clip Drops
According to the synopsis: “Reeling after her latest novel flops, best-selling crime writer Robin Richards (Andréa Winter) is sent by her publisher to the Swedish countryside to regain inspiration. Instead of relaxation, she comes across an assortment of peculiar and possibly dangerous characters. The beautiful and stylish young woman soon discovers just how dangerous farm life can be.”
Check out the clip below, courtesy of Bloody Disgusting:
Trailer Arrives for ‘Blood On Her Name’
A brand new trailer has arrived for ‘Blood on Her Name’ which is set to make it’s debut at the Fantasia Film Festival later this month.
According to the synopsis: “A woman’s panicked decision to cover up an accidental killing spins out of control when her conscience demands she return the dead man’s body to his family.”
‘Critters Attack!’ Clip Features Iconic Dee Wallace
Dee Wallace will be back as Aunt Dee in the upcoming ‘Critters Attack!’, which arrives on July 12rd on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital.
Wallace starred in the original ‘Critters’, and in the following clip, she appears to be a badass crite hunter.
- ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ Cast Dons 80s-Themed Clothing in New Video
- Jim Carrey Takes on Role of Jack Torrance in “Deepfake” Video
- ‘Blood Paradise’ Clip Drops
- Trailer Arrives for ‘Blood On Her Name’
- ‘Critters Attack!’ Clip Features Iconic Dee Wallace
- ‘Crawl’ Drops Two New Clips
- Netflix Drops Trailer for ‘Another Life’
- Netflix5 months ago
Netflix Original Sci-fi Series ‘Osmosis’ is Heartbreakingly Painful
- Movies11 months ago
‘Daddy’s Girl’ Is Keeping Torture In the Family
- Netflix10 months ago
REVIEW: Hold the Dark
- News12 months ago
‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’ Marks the Beginning of a New World
- Movies1 year ago
Killer Mermaid Lurks In ‘The Mermaid: Lake of the Dead’
- Movies9 months ago
‘Bonehill Road’ Is a Throwback Werewolf Film
- Movies11 months ago
Christine Elise Talks ‘Child’s Play’ Remake
- Reviews1 year ago