Back when ‘ET’ was charming audiences, ‘Xtro’ pretty much freaked out anyone when it came to their thoughts about cute little extra terrestrials who want to be our friends.
Back in 1982 the movie told the story of Sam who, as described by the movie, is “a devoted family man who returns to Earth three years after being abducted by aliens, now possessing special powers. On his return, Sam seeks out his wife Rachel and son Tony, but discovers that his wife is now living with a man named Joe.
Rachel struggles to decide what her feelings are for the two men, while Sam’s strange behaviour begins to affect Tony in frightening ways.”
A region free release of 1982’s ‘Xtro’ is heading to Blue Ray on May 28th and, thanks to Second Sight Films and Nucleus Films, it’s coming with some awesome bonuses.
The limited edition of the Blue Ray edition will feature a rigid slipcase with both original UK theatrical and video artwork which will allow a person to choose which side will serve as the cover of the case.
Additionally, the inside will also a include digipak containing Blu-ray and CD soundtrack plus soft cover book.
But, the extras don’t stop there.
- New restorations of extended version with option of alternate endings plus original UK video version
- New director restoration
- ‘Xploring Xtro’ – a new 57 minute documentary featuring interviews with Harry Bromley-Davenport, Mark Forstater, Bernice Stegers, Susie Silvey, Tim Dry (Tik), Sean Crawford (Tok), Robert Pereno, Alan Jones and Craig Lapper
- ‘The World of Xtro’ – a new featurette with Dennis Atherton, Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater
- ‘Beyond Xtro’ – a new featurette with Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater looking ahead to new reboot ‘Xtro – The Big One’, including exclusive test footage
- ‘Loving The Alien: A Tribute to Philip Sayer’ featuring exclusive Brian May music tribute
- ‘Xtro Xposed’ archive interview with Harry Bromley-Davenport
- Soft cover book with new writing by Kevin Lyons plus behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
- Original soundtrack CD
- New English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Blumhouse Drops Trailer for ‘Ma’
Blumhouse has dropped a trailer for Universal Pictures’ ‘Ma’ starring Oscar winner Octavia Spencer.
An Australian trailer was released that gave fans a look at the strange film set to arrive on May 31st.
According to the synopsis:
“Everybody’s welcome at Ma’s. But good luck getting home safe. Oscar® winner Octavia Spencer stars as Sue Ann, a loner who keeps to herself in her quiet Ohio town. One day, she is asked by Maggie, a new teenager in town (Diana Silvers, Glass), to buy some booze for her and her friends, and Sue Ann sees the chance to make some unsuspecting, if younger, friends of her own.
She offers the kids the chance to avoid drinking and driving by hanging out in the basement of her home. But there are some house rules: One of the kids has to stay sober. Don’t curse. Never go upstairs. And call her “Ma.” But as Ma’s hospitality starts to curdle into obsession, what began as a teenage dream turns into a terrorizing nightmare, and Ma’s place goes from the best place in town to the worst place on earth.
Ma also stars Juliette Lewis (August: Osage County) as Maggie’s mom, Luke Evans (Beauty and the Beast) as a local dad, Missi Pyle (Gone Girl) as his girlfriend, and McKaley Miller (TV’s Hart of Dixie), Corey Fogelmanis (TV’s Girl Meets World), Gianni Paolo (TV’s Power) and Dante Brown (Lethal Weapon TV series) as Maggie’s friends.
From Tate Taylor, the acclaimed director of The Help and Get On Up, and blockbuster producer Jason Blum (Get Out, Halloween, The Purge series) comes a thriller anchored by a daring and unexpected performance from Spencer, one of the most powerful actors of her generation.
Ma is written by Scotty Landes (Comedy Central’s Workaholics) and Taylor, is produced by Blum for his Blumhouse Productions, by Taylor, and by John Norris (executive producer, Get On Up), and is executive produced by Spencer, Couper Samuelson, Jeanette Volturno, and Robin Fisichella.”
Vertical Entertainment Drops Trailer for ‘Isabelle’
Starring Amanda Crew and Adam Brody, the film’s synopsis states:
“After moving into the perfect New England neighborhood, an all-American couple’s dream of starting a family shatter as they descend into the depths of paranoia and must struggle to survive an evil spirit that wants nothing more than their own lives.”
The following trailer is courtesy of Bloody Disgusting:
‘Hell Fest’ Writer Akela Cooper Writing Sequel to ‘The Nun’
Despite all of the hype and build, the film just fell short.
However, due to it’s box office success, a sequel is in the works, and a new writer is at the helm.
Producer Peter Safran , who will return alongside James Wan to produce the sequel, teased something interesting in regards to a sequel.
“We have a really fun storyline for that teed up, so I think that’s the next one that will be written” Safran said, according to Entertainment Weekly.
- WB Shuts Down Production on ‘Swamp Thing’, DC Universe Drops Trailer
- Blumhouse Drops Trailer for ‘Ma’
- ‘Blood From Stone’ Unleashes Vampires on the World
- Vertical Entertainment Drops Trailer for ‘Isabelle’
- ‘Hell Fest’ Writer Akela Cooper Writing Sequel to ‘The Nun’
- First Look at Beetlejuice: The Musical
- ‘The Young Cannibals’ Feasts on Human Flesh
- Netflix2 months ago
Netflix Original Sci-fi Series ‘Osmosis’ is Heartbreakingly Painful
- Movies8 months ago
‘Daddy’s Girl’ Is Keeping Torture In the Family
- News8 months ago
‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’ Marks the Beginning of a New World
- Netflix7 months ago
REVIEW: Hold the Dark
- Movies6 months ago
‘Bonehill Road’ Is a Throwback Werewolf Film
- Movies11 months ago
Killer Mermaid Lurks In ‘The Mermaid: Lake of the Dead’
- Movies8 months ago
Christine Elise Talks ‘Child’s Play’ Remake
- Netflix8 months ago