Back when ‘ET’ was charming audiences, ‘Xtro’ pretty much freaked out anyone when it came to their thoughts about cute little extra terrestrials who want to be our friends.
Back in 1982 the movie told the story of Sam who, as described by the movie, is “a devoted family man who returns to Earth three years after being abducted by aliens, now possessing special powers. On his return, Sam seeks out his wife Rachel and son Tony, but discovers that his wife is now living with a man named Joe.
Rachel struggles to decide what her feelings are for the two men, while Sam’s strange behaviour begins to affect Tony in frightening ways.”
A region free release of 1982’s ‘Xtro’ is heading to Blue Ray on May 28th and, thanks to Second Sight Films and Nucleus Films, it’s coming with some awesome bonuses.
The limited edition of the Blue Ray edition will feature a rigid slipcase with both original UK theatrical and video artwork which will allow a person to choose which side will serve as the cover of the case.
Additionally, the inside will also a include digipak containing Blu-ray and CD soundtrack plus soft cover book.
But, the extras don’t stop there.
- New restorations of extended version with option of alternate endings plus original UK video version
- New director restoration
- ‘Xploring Xtro’ – a new 57 minute documentary featuring interviews with Harry Bromley-Davenport, Mark Forstater, Bernice Stegers, Susie Silvey, Tim Dry (Tik), Sean Crawford (Tok), Robert Pereno, Alan Jones and Craig Lapper
- ‘The World of Xtro’ – a new featurette with Dennis Atherton, Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater
- ‘Beyond Xtro’ – a new featurette with Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater looking ahead to new reboot ‘Xtro – The Big One’, including exclusive test footage
- ‘Loving The Alien: A Tribute to Philip Sayer’ featuring exclusive Brian May music tribute
- ‘Xtro Xposed’ archive interview with Harry Bromley-Davenport
- Soft cover book with new writing by Kevin Lyons plus behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
- Original soundtrack CD
- New English subtitles for the hearing impaired
‘Riot Girls’ Clip Ends with a Bloody Bang
According to the synopsis: “When a mysterious illness wipes out the entire adult population, the kids that are left behind split themselves into two groups. A vicious war ensues between the two rival gangs over territory, resources and survival.”
Starring Madison Iseman, Jenny Raven, and Paloma Kwiatkowski, the clip below shows a tense situation, ending with a bang.
Blumhouse Drops Trailer for ‘Sweetheart’
Blumhouse’s next film will be J.D. Dillard’s ‘Sweetheart’ which is a creature feature set to be released on VOD platforms, via Universal Home Entertainment, on October 22nd.
According to the synopsis: “Jenn has washed ashore a small tropical island and it doesn’t take her long to realize she’s completely alone. She must spend her days not only surviving the elements, but must also fend off the malevolent force that comes out each night.”
Kiersey Clemons, Emory Cohen, Hanna Mangan Lawrence, and Andrew Crawford star.
Horror Anthology ‘The Mortuary Collection’ Set to Premier this Month
Ryan Spindell’s upcoming horror anthology ‘The Mortuary Collection’ is preparing for it’s official premier at the Fantastic Fest later this month, and the first trailer has been released.
According to the synopsis: “A young girl enters a secret room in a mortuary and learns the backstory of the mortician’s favorite deaths.”
Clandy Brown, Caitlin Fisher, Christine Kilmer and Jacob Elordi star in the film.
- ‘Riot Girls’ Clip Ends with a Bloody Bang
- Netflix Releasing Mind-Bending ‘Fractured’ in October
- Blumhouse Drops Trailer for ‘Sweetheart’
- Horror Anthology ‘The Mortuary Collection’ Set to Premier this Month
- ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ Previews Upcoming Episodes
- Shudder Releases Trailer for ‘Creepshow’
- ‘Evil Dead’ 4K Clip Is Simply Amazing
- Netflix7 months ago
Netflix Original Sci-fi Series ‘Osmosis’ is Heartbreakingly Painful
- Movies1 year ago
‘Daddy’s Girl’ Is Keeping Torture In the Family
- News2 months ago
REVIEW: I Am Mother
- Reviews1 year ago
- Movies1 year ago
Killer Mermaid Lurks In ‘The Mermaid: Lake of the Dead’
- Movies2 months ago
Discovery Channel Airing ‘Capsized: Blood in the Water’ to Kick Off Shark Week
- Netflix12 months ago
REVIEW: Hold the Dark
- News2 months ago