Shudder is gearing up for a 24-hour marathon of “The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs” which will span 13 films.
TNT’s “MonsterVision” really hit it’s stride when Joe Bob Briggs took over in 1995 as host and the show became a hit.
The show makes it return, with Briggs hosting, on Shudder in a 24-hour marathon on July 13th, Friday the 13th, beginning at 9pm EST.
Here is the lineup, as of now, with more expected to be announced soon.
- Tourist Trap (July 13) – Five friends are hunted by a creepy killer after stopping to visit a roadside museum in this slasher that counts Stephen King as one of its biggest fans. After car trouble, the doomed group goes to visit an odd attraction filled with eerie mannequins that seem to be alive. Tourist Trap is an off-kilter thriller that will have you rethinking any stops on your next road trip.
- Sleepaway Camp (July 13) – Angela Baker, a traumatized and very shy young girl, is sent to summer camp with her cousin. Shortly after her arrival, campers and counselors meet their ends in a series of grisly murders. This bloody “who done it” features a shock ending that stands the test of time.
- Basket Case (July 14) – In a tale of revenge with a demented twist, a young man, and his basket-bound, hideously deformed twin brother seek vengeance on the doctors who separated them against their will.
“Joe Bob is a horror icon and raconteur whose signature wit and insightful commentary entertained viewers for 14 years on TV,” said Craig Engler, general manager of Shudder. “We’re delighted to bring him back for this exclusive Shudder event where new fans can discover him, and old fans can rediscover him, as he takes on some of the greatest low-budget horror movies ever made.”
Shudder Releases ‘The Ranger’ Trailer
Shudder has released brand new trailer to hype the new slasher ‘The Ranger’ which is set to arrive on May 9th.
“When Chelsea and her friends get in trouble with the cops, they flee the city and go on the run. Fueled by a hallucinogenic drug called Echo, they hope to lay low-and get high-in an old family hideout in the woods. But Chelsea’s got reservations about going back to nature and secrets she’s not sharing with her friends. When a shot rings out, her past comes crashing back, and the punks find themselves pitted against the local authority- an unhinged park ranger with an axe to grind.”
Horror Anthology ‘Nightmare Cinema’ Drops Trailer
Thanks to Bloody-Disgusting, we now have the first trailer for the horror anthology ‘Nightmare Cinema’ which will arrive on June 21st in limited theaters and on VOD platforms.
“A series of down-on-their-luck individuals enter the decrepit and spine-chilling Rialto theater, only to have their deepest and darkest fears brought to life on the silver screen by The Projectionist – a mysterious, ghostly figure who holds the nightmarish futures of all who attend his screenings. By the time our patrons realize the truth, escape is no longer an option. For once the ticket is torn, their fate is sealed at Nightmare Cinema.”
Trailer for ‘Critters: A New Binge’ Has Arrived
Critters are making a return, more that 25 years after their burst onto the big screen creeping out audiences around the world.
Shudder has announced that they have acquired the exclusive United States’ rights to ‘Critters: A New Batch’, which is an eigh episode short form-series courtesy of Blue Ribbon, a part of Warner Bros. Television Group.
It is set to premier on March 21st on Shudder, the streaming service.
Pursued by intergalactic bounty hunters, the Critters return to Earth on a secret mission and encounter lovelorn high-schooler Christopher (Joey Morgan, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse), his crush Dana (Stephi Chin-Salvo, iZOMBIE), his best friend Charlie (Bzhaun Rhoden, Van Helsing), and his mom Veronica (Kirsten Robek, The Edge of Seventeen), whose past will come back to bite them—literally. The series also features Gilbert Gottfried (Aladdin, Justice League Action) and Thomas Lennon (Reno 911!, Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich).
Check out the trailer below:
- ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ Cast Dons 80s-Themed Clothing in New Video
- Jim Carrey Takes on Role of Jack Torrance in “Deepfake” Video
- ‘Blood Paradise’ Clip Drops
- Trailer Arrives for ‘Blood On Her Name’
- ‘Critters Attack!’ Clip Features Iconic Dee Wallace
- ‘Crawl’ Drops Two New Clips
- Netflix Drops Trailer for ‘Another Life’
- Netflix5 months ago
Netflix Original Sci-fi Series ‘Osmosis’ is Heartbreakingly Painful
- Movies11 months ago
‘Daddy’s Girl’ Is Keeping Torture In the Family
- Netflix10 months ago
REVIEW: Hold the Dark
- News12 months ago
‘American Horror Story: Apocalypse’ Marks the Beginning of a New World
- Movies1 year ago
Killer Mermaid Lurks In ‘The Mermaid: Lake of the Dead’
- Movies9 months ago
‘Bonehill Road’ Is a Throwback Werewolf Film
- Movies11 months ago
Christine Elise Talks ‘Child’s Play’ Remake
- Reviews1 year ago